Focus and Scope
Aestimum is a peer-reviewed Journal dedicated to the methodological study of appraisal and land economics. Established in 1976 by the Italian Association of Appraisers and Land Economists, which was legally recognized by Ministerial Decree, March 1993.
Topics of interests comprise rural, urban and environmental appraisal, evaluation of public investments and land use planning. All the areas under discussion are addressed to the International scene. The interdisciplinary approach is one of the mainstays of this editorial project and all of the above mentioned topics are developed taking into consideration the economic, legal and urban planning aspects.
Aestimum is biannual Journal and publishes articles both in Italian and English. Articles submitted are subjected to a double blind peer review process.
Contributions in Aestimum are welcome. Journal secures:
- open access to contribution (authors retain copyright)
- peer-review by internationl experts
- wide dissemination of published contributions both in the national and international area, with the help of specific tools.
Aestimum published original articles in the fields of:
- Appraisal and rural economics – This section concerns original full-length research papers that cover topics in appraisal, regional studies, environmental valuation, rural policy impact assessments.
- Urban, land, environmental appraisal and economics – This section includes original full-length research papers that cover topics in judgement of value, judgement of choice and economic analyses.
- Agricultural law – This section includes original full-length research papers in agricultural law.
In addition, in the section ‘Practical-educational in-depth examination’, Aestimum published manuscripts that are practical case studies, research reports or applied aspects of appraisal. They are informative and the manuscripts are not indexed.
Finally, in the section ‘Storiografia dell’Estimo’. Aestimum accepts original papers dealing with the history of appraisal.
Peer Review Process
Submissions are first evaluated by the Editors / Board of Directors and by the members of the Editorial Boards. If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to at least two reviewers. The peer review process is double-blind, whereby both referees and authors are kept anonymous. If the reviews are positive, but the manuscript requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to submit the revised version
Publication decisions by the Editors / Board of Directors are final.
Semiannual, published in June and December
Article Processing Charges (APC)
Aestimum does not ask for articles and submissions processing charges APC
Indexing and abstracting
Aestimum is indexed in:
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- ABI/INFORM Global
- ACNP Catalogo Italiano dei Periodici
- Agriculture Journals PQ
- ApeJournal – Academic Publications eJournal
- BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- CABI – Abstracts
- CABI – Horticultural Abstracts
- CENGAGE Learning
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- Econlit – The American Economic Association’s electronic bibliography
- ESCI - Emerging Sources Citation Index - WEB OF SCIENCE (WoS)
- EZB – Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek – Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg
- GOOGLE Scholar
- JournalSeek – A Searchable Database of Online Scholarly Journals
- JournalTOCs – Journal Tables of Contents (TOCs)
- Natural Science Journals PQ
- NewJour – Electronic Journals & Newsletters, University of Georgetown
- PLEIADI – Portale per la Letteratura scientifica Elettronica Italiana su Archivi aperti e Depositi Istituzionali
- Professional ABI/INFORM Complete
- Professional ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central
- SCOPUS ELSEVIER
- SCIRUS ELSEVIER
- SciTech Journals PQ
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
- World Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology Abstracts