Call for papers: Aestimum Special issue “Sustainable development and circular economy”
Deadline extencion for manuscript submissions: 30th September 2020
The 57th Conference on “Sustainable development, circular economy and circular city: evaluation methods and processes”, organized by the Italian Association of Appraisers and Land Economists (Ce.S.E.T.) was held in Naples, Italy, on December 12th-13th 2019. Selected and revised contributions presented during the Conference as well as original research articles dealing with the same topic will be published in a special issue of Aestimum.
The Circular Economy is the most important opportunity to change the way we produce and consume. It is a real “revolution” that has also found its expression in Agenda 2030’s objective n. 12 “Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns” as well as in the New Urban Agenda. The circular economy model is not fully understood in all its potentiality by companies, which have not yet changed their business models, nor by public bodies, which have not effectively implemented the transition to the “circular city”. The circular economy has implications for the evaluation processes, as it necessarily requires a long-term approach and the analysis of not only economic and financial costs and benefits.
Among the main topics that the development of the circular economy poses from an economic/estimative, planning and legal point of view, this special issue aims to deepen the following:
- The impact assessment of unused areas and/or marginal landscapes on the real estate market, the evaluation of synergies in the form of lower costs (production costs, transport costs, supply costs, etc.), and the appraisal of the residual value at the end of the product lifecycle become relevant.
- The evaluation of the social / environmental benefits of circular production systems, especially in relation to their economic sustainability.
- The long-term assessment of new production processes within an intergenerational perspective.
- The assessment of land values and productive activities developed according to the principles of the circular economy.
- The definition of new policy evaluation tools under the perspective of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The definition of appropriate legislative instruments capable of implementing the principles of the circular economy.
Manuscript should be submitted online at https://oaj.fupress.net/index.php/ceset/about/submissions in the section "Special Issue - Sustainable development and circular economy” by registering and logging in. The deadline for manuscript submission is 30th September 2020. Research articles are invited. All papers will be subject to a double-blind peer-review. Please follow the Authors’ guidelines before submitting a manuscript.
This Aestimum special issue will be published early view and on the volume 2020 - 2021.