Focus and Scope
The journal is a direct emanation of the linguistic and orientalist components of the Foreign Languages (LILSI) Department of UNIFI – whose scholarly activity and original research it highlights, calling attention to the research and writings of younger scholars whose work has been or is being supervised by the Department, and providing a forum for scholarly debate open to the community of linguists and oriental research-ers in Italy and abroad. The journal publishes contributions concerning the analysis of the various aspects of language, with specific reference to the following thematic areas:
- Analyses and models of natural languages. The structure of natural languages and the analysis and description of linguistic systems: linguistic models and the methodological bases of linguistic research. Linguistic subsystems: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, lexicon, semantics, pragmatics, also with reference to specific linguistic areas (Romance varieties, Germanic languages, Slavic languages, the Balkan Sprachbund, Semitic languages, Indo-Aryan languages, Far Eastern languages).
- The linguistic continuum. Historical linguistics: analyses and theories of linguistic change and the historical evolution of languages: models and methodological basis of reconstruction. Typological and functionalist models in linguistics. Linguistic typology and classification of languages. Models of linguistic change. Sociolinguistics, Ethnolinguistics.
- The structure of Oriental languages and their historical evolution. The comparative method and the description of linguistic systems with reference to oriental languages, ancient and modern. Methodological aspects, with reference to relations between languages and dialects and to the use of sources, including onomastic and toponomastic ones. The problem of literary languages both at-tested in inscriptions and currently documented. The historical evolution of oriental languages both in their geographical distribution and in their various levels of use. Issues related to the edition of texts.
- Languages and texts. The analysis and interpretation of texts in modern and ancient languages, with particular attention to textual genres and specialist languages. The literary text; the stylistic levels of language in their sociocultural context of production and fruition. Stylistic, discourse and pragmatic analysis for the purposes of translation. Corpus linguistics. Construction, filing and analysis of linguistic corpora. Electronic lexicons and corpora.
- Psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics and language education. Language acquisition and linguistic disorders. Second languages and Italian as L2. Aphasias, linguistic deficits. Linguistic education. Language teaching. Language policies.
- Linguistic communication: its processes and working. Social semiotics. Mass communication: con-cepts and models.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
QULSO does not ask for articles and submissions processing charges APC.
Open Access Policy
Qulso provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY 4.0). This license allows anyone to download, reuse, re-print, distribute and/or copy the final version of the papers. The works must be properly attributed to its author(s).
It is not necessary to ask further permissions both to author(s) or journal board, although you are kindly requested to inform the Journal Board for every reuse of the papers, to include the DOI code of the issue or essay and to specify that it is the first edition.
Information for Authors
Before publication, after the acceptance of the manuscript, authors have to sign release form with QULSO.
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines.