Focus and Scope
TECHNE, Journal of Technology for Architecture and Environment is the scientific magazine of SITdA, the Italian Society of Architectural Technology.
Techne aims: to publicize significant contributions in the technological and environmental planning action area, to provide a tool for international comparison on research themes in that area, to promote the recognition of scientific contributions in accordance with its criteria on the evaluation of research in an academic context and to promote the circulation of contributions concerning research and experimentation, the results and effects of which are interesting in terms of social, economic, environmental and cultural impact.
The magazine endorses an editorial policy primarily geared towards the diffusion of knowledge, favouring access to it and ensuring reliable and original contributions as well as recognition to the authors, whose protection is a top priority but not limiting.
Techne publishes two issues a year; it includes articles, essays, columns, interviews and reviews by authors who work in the academic world, in research, design, industry, and entrepreneurial and client organizations.
- open access to contribution (authors retain copyright)
- peer-review by internationl experts
wide dissemination of published contributions both in the national and international area, with the help of specific tools
Peer Review Process
Submissions are first evaluated by the Editors / Board of Directors and by the members of the Editorial Boards. If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to at least two reviewers. The peer review process is double-blind, whereby both referees and authors are kept anonymous. If the reviews are positive, but the manuscript requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to submit the revised version
Publication decisions by the Editors / Board of Directors are final.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
For each article, a contribution for the publication is required.
The amount of the contribution is 150€+IVA for SITdA members and 200€+IVA for non-members.
The proposals of two young researchers members of SITdA will be selected for a free publication of the paper.
Techne does not ask submissions processing charges.
Techne publishes two issues per year
Indexing and abstracting
Techne is indexed in:
- Ape Journal – Academic Publications eJournal
- BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- ESCI - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- EZB – Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek – Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg
- GOOGLE Scholar
- JournalTOCs – Journal Tables of Contents (TOCs)
- NewJour – Electronic Journals & Newsletters, University of Georgetown
- PLEIADI – Portale per la Letteratura scientifica Elettronica Italiana su Archivi aperti e Depositi Istituzionali
- SCOPUS - Elsevier
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory